I saw this meme a few weeks ago over at Erika’s place and I just fell in love with it. Happy I can do, and I promised, I would take part one day soon.
Now…… *drumroll please*……..it’s time.
I’m a little torn between writing about what really, really makes me happy or the five things that make me happiest this week. Well, since I can throw the really, really happy thing into my five things – I am going with that, and yes, I am ONLY listing FIVE things. HA.
- The freeway. I know. What the heck? Well, for the last two years I have driven a beautiful three lane street with lots of traffic lights. It was like driving Miss Daisy suburban style. Zoom. Zoom. Stop. Zoom. Zoom. Road rage on your bumper. Stop. In two years, I hit all green lights (6 miles) once. That was pretty cool, but now I drive the freeway to work. It’s all go, all the time (on accident-free days). I go against the traffic and it’s not very often an accident clogs up the road. I LOVE IT. I just get to drive and it helps me think and prepare for my day. Then, at the end of the day, it helps me to wind down. Something about not stopping and starting and just letting the freeway roll away all the stresses. It is my meditation.
- I cleaned Jason’s house. Not just dust, but I mean I cleaned out drawers and stuff. Feeling at home much? Do you know what was so wonderful about cleaning and making space? I was nesting. I was finally preparing my home. That meant a lot to me, to reach that place of peace and love, where I know I belong. Finally!
- TV this week. I rarely watch “live” TV. But I found myself folding laundry at my new soon-to-be home watching America’s Got Talent and Last Comic Standing on Tuesday night. I had NO idea I could laugh that loud. Thank goodness Jason was in class and Sydney was in Mississippi, or they would have thought me MAD. HA HA HA HA HA! (oops, that was kinda loud)
- Cooking chicken in the rice steamer. Oh joy! It’s truly the little things with me. I SWEAR, I am terrible at cooking. I’m a-skeerd. Especially, of cooking chicken, and not getting it cooked all the way, and then getting sick. PLUS, I had never used the rice cooker before. Had no idea how to use it. Gee, I know it’s not rocket science. Cooking is just not my thing. But I did it. I googled a recipe and made nice garlic seasoned chicken breasts steamed in some water and olive oil. It was incredibly delicious and you know what? I’m proud of myself. Yay.
- My last FAVORITE happy moment of the week and includes my happiest moment/place of all time. THE BEACH. Any beach will do and we just happened by Galveston on Sunday. Now, Galveston is not my favorite, but it will do in a pinch. I could sit and watch the ocean, hear the waves, feel the sun on my skin, with toes dug in the sand EVERY day. In my former life, I was a mermaid. I just know it. It’s home. It fills me up. This visit was more special than just a regular trip, since it was the little girls first time to wade into the ocean and
revel in all it’s beautyplay in the surf. I think it’s safe to say, they might have been mermaids too.
Please enjoy my happy day with my mom, Jason, and the girls, as we re-visit our Sunday – on the beach.