I don’t post a lot about the music I listen to, mainly because, it’s everything, or Channel 10 on Sirius. But with my new spring goal of running/walking a half-marathon, I need to have some playlists handy. So, I have surfed iTunes and other sources (Pandora!) to get my favorites together.
I just can’t run or walk without beats, mostly because, I don’t like the sound of my breathing. I will over analyze the crud out of it.
Am I breathing too fast? Can I talk? Do I hear a wheeze? Oh gee, if someone runs by me they are going to think I am DYING. Oh crap, I am dying. Listen to my breathing!
And so, I crank up the tunes to drown out the “voices” in my head.
And I just go…..to the beat….to the words…..to the drums…to the energy or emotion of the tune. I listen and move to whatever it is that keeps me shuffling along.
Sometimes, when my mileage is up, I am sad I have to stop. It’s usually on my favorite! song. Ha.
Here are my top 5 picks. I am attaching what YouTube calls the “official” video.
1. Snow Patrol – Called out in the Dark. The album was just released. It is amazing. Love this band!
Stadium of my Heart…this one is for you!
2. David Guetta (feat. Usher) – Without you. I love how the beat is slow and then fast. Perfect for alternating a walk run.
3. Cobra Starship – You make me Feel…. This is a fantastic song. I love the lyric – if you listen you can hear me through the radio in the bright white noise – it just reminds me of how big, and electronic our world is. Can we hear each other through the bright white noise?
4. The Band Perry – If I die young. I am from Oklahoma. I love a good twangy song. It is a little disturbing that it’s a song about dying young, but there is something about it that haunts me. I just have to hear it. Maybe, it’s the sound of sad.
5. The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army. Just so you have an older song on the list. I just discovered it not long ago on Pandora and have loved it ever since. It has a super catchy beat to run to.
I’ll keep you updated on my tune list as my training progresses. It will be a very musical three months. Wish me luck!