Or……blog awards if you prefer.
I was going to wear a strapless sequins evening gown, but it’s probably too cold for all that. I am pretty much in my comfy sweats. It’s a little chilly in North Texas during one of the few times in the Winter we get to freezing. Brrr! And if Mrs. Always Hot is cold, it’s frickin’ COLD.
I received two blog awards this past week. I am so honored by the warm gesture of recognition. Truthfully, I have thought about closing the doors on this blog many times this year.
It’s been a tough year. Tough to find time. Tough to fight the emotions, and stress of day-to-day needs and issues. I get home from a busy job and I just want to crash in front of the TV and watch silly shows to keep my mind numb.
I certainly don’t want to pour my heart onto my blog, but the things is…that is exactly what keeps me going. My days are on this blog. My thoughts. My heart. My time.
And do you know? That is precious to me.
I can look back over the last two years and re-live so many wonderful memories of all things I have written and photographed. Plus, reading back over all the comments from friends, bloggers, and family.
And really? It’s not even about me. It’s about life. About finding those things that keep you going, and engaged. It’s about sharing life, and loving life, and being able to be thankful for the good stuff, and forget about the bad.
So truly, I am grateful for every award bestowed to me and this little place I call home.
I have received other awards, that got lost in the shuffle of sporadic blogging, and A.D.D web surfing. You know when you go to look at one thing, then end up at another, and that leads to another. Yeah. A.D.D. web surfing. I am the Hang 10 girl of that. Then, my lap top DIED and those awards went into deep space. So if you have awarded me in the past and
still read this blog don’t hate me. Please accept my apology for not responding.
Ahem, I think someone is giving me the hurry up sign here as we don’t want the ceremony to run wordy..heh.
My first award is the Liebster award from Little Miss Vix.
Here is what she wrote about it.
“Liebster is German and translates to the English word dearest. I really touched to be awarded this as it’s meant for up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers so thank ladies for passing it on to me! I hope we all get over 200 soon and can play with the big guns :)”
Here are the award rules:
Thank the donor and link back to their blog
Publicize your top five picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
Post the award on your blog.
Encourage the people who receive it to list their five favorites.
The link goes directly to her post on the award. I love what she says about me (awww!) how she met me when I was Freshly Pressed. Seems like eons ago, and I’m not sure which freshly pressed it was. I’ve been freshly pressed four times since October 2009, but my run of fame is long over. I never did get to 200 followers either. But that’s okay, it’s the ones that have been around from the beginning that bring me the most joy. Not quantity, but quality, right???
I deem these five worthy of the Liebster.
1. One of my oldest blog buddies, and one I have met in person Square Peg in a Round Hole. She has blogged every day in 2011. For that she deserves many awards! It’s not easy to do.
3. Long time blogger, and step-mom like me. She writes daily about her family’s outings. I truly don’t know how she does it all, Missy from The Hughes Daily News.
4. She may have more than 200 followers, I don’t really know. I do know our paths crossed before on ediets.com They were meant to cross again in blogging. She is one of the most influential writers I have ever read, and she touches those places deep inside of all of us. Please visit her blog Karen CL Anderson.
And my second award is from Word Nerd Speaks. The rules state: Tell 7 things about yourself and then pass the award on to 15 bloggers.
1. I am consistently sleep deprived. For some reason (genetics?), I get this burst of energy at 10:00pm. Usually just after I’ve dozed off in the recliner. I’m up til midnight every night, no matter how many bribes I give myself to get into bed earlier.
2. I was diagnosed with Grave’s Disease – an autoimmune disorder – two years ago today. The autoimmune breaks me out in lovely hives several times a day. I usually itch them to scabs. I have no idea what it’s like to not be itchy and bumpy. Soooo not fun.
3. Tonight is the first night in a long time I have not taken Benadryl for said hives. I laugh in the face of the itchy bump on my head. I may regret this decision.
4. I will never gasp at the show Hoarders again. My garage is full of “stuff” that I moved from my duplex over a YEAR ago. It’s still there
hoarding collecting dust.
5. My disorganization embarrasses me and this is why we don’t have guests over for dinner.
6. I live by the motto – Do Something that scares you every day. I have always been a horror fan, which is why I invited guests over for dinner Saturday night (gulp!).
7. I have lost four pounds in the last two weeks. I have worked out every day for thirty minutes or more – EIGHT days in a row. This is the first time I have lost weight since December of 2008. It’s a great feeling to know I still can.
I don’t know who participates in awards and who doesn’t. If you do, share, if you don’t, it’s not a problem and I COMPLETELY understand. These are off the top of my head.
1. Suzicate – She does not do blog awards, but we have been blog buds since September 2009 and she is my most frequent commenter.
2. Joshua -I love a Dad that blogs and writes very well too.
3. Terre – another long time blog friend. She teaches Nia and teaches me a lot about other things too.
4. Kimberly – She is hilarious and makes light of many serious situations in her life.
5. Stacey– Author, editor, mom, grand-mom, and care-taker. She wears many hats.
6. Ellen– My dutch friend living in America. I got to meet her when I visited California. She is a beautiful soul.
7. Sparkle Me Zen – You will be inspired.
8. Booshy– Never thought it would happen, my long-time(and first) blog friend is having a baby.
9. Mom of the Perpetually Grounded – She has daughters and many stories.
10. Living, Laughing, Loving, Learning – my blogger namesake, wife of a solider and a very inspirational christian blogger.
11. Shannon – she lives a few miles away and we still haven’t met in person. What’s up with that?
12. Thoughtsy – Wonderfully funny and full of great lists.
13. Carl – Talented cartoonist with a hilarious sense of humor.
14. Sherri – Super talented in the kitchen. Love her recipes!
15. Rach – She is super cute along with her adorable husband and puppy Oreo. I love all the things she crafts, makes, and entertains.
Click away and enjoy!